The Dixie State University Pine Valley Cabin is available for use by DSU clubs, departments, classes or other entity of the university for a university oriented function, and by full-time employees of the university for use with his/her family. Other State entities may request use of the cabin and will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Campus Use: Use by a Club, Department, Class or other entity of Dixie State University for a university oriented function. No deposit is required: however the University reserves the right to assess any damage costs if necessary.
- Employee Use: Use by employees of DSU for the employee and his/her family: A $50.00 deposit will be assessed at the time you make your reservation. All or part of this deposit may be refunded upon return of the keys to Campus Services, and upon determination by the Cabin Caretakers that the cabin was left in acceptable condition.
- Non-campus Use: Use by State entities other than DSU
A $75.00 deposit will be assessed at the time you make your reservation. All or part of this deposit may be refunded upon return of the keys to Facilities Management, and upon determination by the Cabin Caretakers that the cabin was left in acceptable condition.
Charges for all DSU use is:
- $100.00 per day — day use 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- $125.00 per night — arrival time after 1:00 PM and departure time at noon.
All non-campus use is:
- $125.00 per day — day use 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- $150.00 per night — arrival time after 1:00 PM and departure time at noon.
To reserve the cabin for use:
- Reservations are made for the year starting each January 2nd.
- Check the calendar from the University web page. www.dixie.edu (Faculty and Staff, then Campus Services, then Pine Valley Cabin, then PV cabin calendar.) If your desired dates are available, contact Facilities Management at ext. 7566, or email email@example.com to make your request.
- You will be required to pay your deposit BEFORE your reservation will be considered effective. If your plans change and you need to cancel your reservation, your deposit will be refunded only if you notify Facilities Management. Your deposit will be forfeited if adequate notice is not given.
- Deposit will be paid to DSU Cashier. The receipt will be taken to Facilities Management to finalize your reservation.
- One to six days prior to your stay, make reservation payment to DSU Cashier. Take receipt to Facilities Management to get the key packet and instructions.
- If you reserve a holiday period, you may not reserve that same holiday for three (3) years.
- Vehicles: MAXIMUM number of vehicles allowed on property is eight. No parking on the street.
- Maximum Occupants: As per fire code, maximum number of persons allowed in the cabin is 120.
- Camping: NO trailers, tents, RVs, or outdoor camping equipment allowed on the premises. Make reservations at the Pine Valley Campgrounds for camping.
- Fires: NO open fires inside or on cabin premises, this includes candles.*
Note: There is no outside grill. If you take your own barbecue grill, please do not use it on the porch or sidewalk to leave grease spots. The heat will make the siding warp, so you will need to be a safe distance away from the building. There is an area in the north east corner where you can dig a pit for Dutch Oven cooking. During certain times of the year there will be a NO FIRE restriction for the whole valley. The posted “Burn Conditions” sign is located at the intersection of Center Street and Main Street. PLEASE OBEY THESE RESTRICTIONS.
- Off Roading: If taking snow mobiles, ATVs, dirt bikes or other off road recreation vehicles, please be a good neighbor. The Pine Valley residents have rules concerning this. They are:
- NO recreational ‘joy’ riding/driving on city roads/streets*
- Speed limit is not to exceed 10 mph while in populated areas
- Recreation vehicles are not to be operated before 7:00 AM or after 9:00 PM
*(Note: Down the road west of the cabin there is a gate which allows access to the hill area for your recreational activities. Responsible drivers are allowed to use the city streets [paved or unpaved] to get from point A to point B. If you have questions or concerns about this, it is best that you contact one of the Pine Valley officials.)
- Pets NO PETS are allowed in the cabin or on the premises. Please obey this rule.
- Drinks: Please do not drink anything but water or clear liquids in the carpeted areas of the cabin. Dark colored drinks and sodas stain the carpet if spilled.
- Smoking: Smoking is NOT permitted in the cabin or within 25 feet of all entrances.
- Cleaning: You may use the dishes, pots and pans, bedding and towels available at the cabin. If you do, please wash and dry them and put them away as you found them. Do not leave laundry in dryer, dishes in dishwasher, etc.
- Closing Up: Please refer to the Cabin Closing-Up Checklist found in the key packet for items that need to be done when cleaning and closing up the cabin after use.
- Trash: There is no trash pick-up in Pine Valley. You are required to carry out your own trash and take it with you.
- Problems: Notify Caretaker (574-3328) or Campus Services (652-7566) if conditions at the cabin need attention.
Is there cell phone service?
Most cell phone service is sketchy on and around the cabin site.
Is there a TV?
There is a large screen TV on DISH network.
What about a DVD Player?
There is a DVD player and a VCR.
Is there a kitchen?
There is adequate kitchen equipment for most cooking needs. (See inventory list.)
How will I clean?
There are cleaning supplies; including plastic trash can liners, paper towels, toilet paper, soaps (hand, bath, laundry, dish and dish washer.) There are also brooms and vacuums.
Are there indoor bathrooms?
Yes, there is indoor plumbing!
Is there a BBQ gril?
There is no outdoor grill at this time.
How many rooms are there?
There are 6 bedroom/classrooms, each with a queen sized bed.
Do I need to bring linens or towels?
Linens, bedding and towels are available at the cabin if you do not want to take your own. THEY MUST BE WASHED, DRYED, FOLDED AND REPLACED BEFORE YOU LEAVE.
Can I hold a Scout Camp or Youth Conference?
No, you cannot hold your ward’s YW or Scout Camp or Youth Conference at the cabin.