The Dixie State University Pine Valley Cabin is available for use by DSU clubs, departments, classes or other entity of the university for a university oriented function, and by full-time employees of the university for use with his/her family. Other State entities may request use of the cabin and will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Campus Use: Use by a Club, Department, Class or other entity of Dixie State University for a university oriented function. No deposit is required: however the University reserves the right to assess any damage costs if necessary.
- Employee Use: Use by full time employees of DSU for the employee and his/her family: A $50.00 deposit will be assessed at the time you make your reservation. All or part of this deposit may be refunded upon return of the keys to Facility Operations, and upon determination by the Cabin Caretakers that the cabin was left in acceptable condition.
- Non-campus Use: Use by State entities other than DSU
A $50.00 deposit will be assessed at the time you make your reservation. All or part of this deposit may be refunded upon return of the keys to Facility Management, and upon determination by the Cabin Caretakers that the cabin was left in acceptable condition.
Charges for all DSU use is:
- $100.00 per day -- day use 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- $125.00 per night -- arrival time after 1:00 PM and departure time at noon.
All non-campus use is:
- $100.00 per day --- day use 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- $125.00 per night --- arrival time after 1:00 PM and departure time at noon.
To reserve the cabin for use:
- Reservations are made on a 13 month calendar starting February 1.
- Reservations are done through Central Scheduling. You must be on campus to put in a request through EMS.
- You will be required to pay your deposit within 48 hours of confirmation. If your plans change and you need to cancel your reservation you will need to do that through EMS. Your deposit will be refunded only if you cancel with adequate notice.
- Deposits paid with cash or check will be paid to DSU Cashier. Deposits made with credit card is done online with Online Payments.
- Payment in full is due prior to picking up the key for the cabin. Be sure to bring your receipt with you.
- If you reserve a holiday period, you may not reserve that same holiday for three (3) years.
- Vehicles: MAXIMUM number of vehicles allowed on property is eight. No parking on the street.
- Maximum Occupants: As per fire code, maximum number of persons allowed in the cabin is 120.
- Camping: NO trailers, tents, RVs, or outdoor camping equipment allowed on the premises. Make reservations at the Pine Valley Campgrounds for camping.
- Fires: NO open fires inside or on cabin premises, this includes candles.*
Note: There is no outside grill. If you take your own barbecue grill, please do not use it on the porch or sidewalk to leave grease spots. The heat will make the siding warp, so you will need to be a safe distance away from the building. During certain times of the year there will be a NO FIRE restriction for the whole valley. The posted “Burn Conditions” sign is located at the intersection of Center Street and Main Street. PLEASE OBEY THESE RESTRICTIONS.
- Off Roading: If taking snow mobiles, ATVs, dirt bikes or other off road recreation vehicles, please be a good neighbor. The Pine Valley residents have rules concerning this. They are:
- NO recreational ‘joy’ riding/driving on city roads/streets*
- Speed limit is not to exceed 10 mph while in populated areas
- Recreation vehicles are not to be operated before 7:00 AM or after 9:00 PM
*(Note: Down the road west of the cabin there is a gate which allows access to the hill area for your recreational activities. Responsible drivers are allowed to use the city streets [paved or unpaved] to get from point A to point B. If you have questions or concerns about this, it is best that you contact one of the Pine Valley officials.)
- Pets NO PETS are allowed in the cabin or on the premises. Please obey this rule.
- Drinks: Please do not drink anything but water or clear liquids in the carpeted areas of the cabin. Dark colored drinks and sodas stain the carpet if spilled.
- Smoking: Smoking is NOT permitted in the cabin or within 25 feet of all entrances.
- Cleaning: You may use the dishes, pots and pans, bedding and towels available at the cabin. If you do, please wash and dry them and put them away as you found them. Do not leave laundry in dryer, dishes in dishwasher, etc.
- Closing Up: Please refer to the Cabin Closing-Up Checklist found in the key packet for items that need to be done when cleaning and closing up the cabin after use.
- Trash: There is no trash pick-up in Pine Valley. You are required to carry out your own trash and take it with you.
- Problems: Notify Caretaker (574-3328) or Facility Operations (652-7566) if conditions at the cabin need attention.
Is there cell phone service?
Most cell phone service is sketchy on and around the cabin site.
Is there a TV?
There is a large screen TV on DISH network.
What about a DVD Player?
There is a DVD player and a VCR.
Is there a kitchen?
There is adequate kitchen equipment for most cooking needs.
How will I clean?
There are cleaning supplies; including plastic trash can liners, paper towels, toilet paper, soaps (hand, bath, laundry, dish and dish washer.) There are also brooms and vacuums.
Are there indoor bathrooms?
Yes, there is indoor plumbing!
Is there a BBQ gril?
There is no outdoor grill at this time.
How many rooms are there?
There are 6 bedroom/classrooms, each with a white board and a queen sized bed.
Do I need to bring linens or towels?
Linens, bedding and towels are available at the cabin if you do not want to take your own. THEY MUST BE WASHED, DRYED, FOLDED AND REPLACED BEFORE YOU LEAVE.
Can I hold a Scout Camp or Youth Conference?
No, you cannot hold your ward’s YW/YM, Scout Camp, Youth Conference or Wedding at the cabin.