Pine Valley Cabin
The Dixie State University Pine Valley Cabin is available for use by DSU Clubs, departments, classes or other entities of the university for a university oriented function, and by full time employees of the university for use with his/her family. The cabin is not available for alumni, retired personnel or the general public.
Cabin Deposit: $50.00 required to hold your reservation
Day Use: $100.00 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Overnight Use: $125.00 check in after 1 p.m. check out by noon the following day
- Reservations are made on a 13 month calendar starting February 1.
- Request your reservation through the Dixie State Reservation System https://events.dixie.edu/VirtualEms/
- If you reserve a holiday period, you may not reserve that same holiday for three years.
- Maximum continuous stay is limited to four (4) nights.
- Clubs, Departments and classes are billed with internal billing and a deposit is not required.
- Once your reservation is accepted you have 48 hours to make the deposit for the cabin. Deposits are refunded after the cabin inspection confirming you have cleaned and the key is returned.
- Payment for stay must be paid prior to picking up the key. Please bring receipt with you.
- Cash or check payments are made at the Cashier’s office. Credit card payments are done online; http://dixie.edu/onlinepayments/
- Maximum number of vehicles allowed on property is eight (8).
- NO trailers, tents, RV’s or outdoor camping equipment allowed on premises.
- NO open fires on cabin premises or inside of cabin. This includes candles.
- There is an area in the NE corner where you can dig a pit for Dutch oven cooking.
- If you bring an outside grill do not use it on the porch or sidewalk.
- Maximum number of persons allowed in the cabin is 120.
- NO PETS. Please obey this rule.
- No Smoking within 25 feet of all entrances to the cabin.
- If you make a long distance call you will be charged for it.
- There is no trash pick-up in Pine Valley. You are required to carry out your own trash and take it with you.
- You are responsible for cleanup and laundry; allow plenty of time to complete.
- Notify caretaker, Matt or Paige Gray 435-574-3328 or Facility Management 435-652-7566 if conditions at the cabin need attention.
- Most cell phone service is sketchy on and around the cabin.
- There is wifi.
- There is a large screen TV on DISH network.
- There is a DVD player and a VCR.
- There are cleaning supplies, brooms and vacuums.
- There are six classroom/bedrooms, each with a queen sized murphy bed. There are two queen size hide-a-beds.
- Linens are available but must be washed, dried, folded and put away before you leave.
- No, the cabin is NOT available for: Ward activities, Youth Conferences, Weddings, Scout Camp or other outside use.
- There is kitchen equipment for cooking and serving. The supply fluctuates as items become old or broken. You may want to bring your own.