Driver Safety & Certification
Please read these instructions in their entirety prior to proceeding to the training.
Employees, students, and certified volunteers who drive for Dixie State University business (in either DSU Fleet , State Motor pool or personal vehicles) must complete the Defensive Driver Training online course, Three Page New Driver form and provide a copy of your license.
All certifications on the online program are good for two years. Renewals need only to take the test.
Steps to Completing the Driver Safety Certification
The Defensive Driving Certification is available on the State of Utah, Risk Management website.
- The training is accessed through risk.utah.gov.
- First time users will need to create an account (do not use Dixie credentials).
- Use dixie for the security keyword.
- Watch the video and take the test.
- Complete the New Driver Packet.
- After completing the training course, please forward all documentation and copy of your license to email@example.com. If you have any questions or concerns, please call Felica at extension 7566.